Newborn 5 lbs 15oz
7 1/2 months 16 lbs 9 oz
I just really can't believe how fast time is going. Three days ago marked Vincents 8 months of life on earth. And I just can hardly believe how he's grown. As of now, he's still not quite crawling, but he's close. Last week I was talking to my sister and practically cut her off, No, I did cut her off, because I looked over and saw him up on his knees rocking back and forth. That was a first. Since then he's done it a couple of times but he's still not sure what to do about it.
A funny moment we had the other day. He was behind the couch laughing, almost hysterically. So I went to see what had him giggling. He was trying to pet the cat, who was trying to bask in the sunlight. You could tell she wanted to stand her ground and make that kid go away. She started smacking him across the face, and yes, she is de-clawed. Well, this would only make him laugh...harder. Talk about insult to injury. Not only did he have the nerve to bug her while she was resting, but laughed in her face when she tried to put him, in his place. She eventually wised up and got up and moved. I wished I had a camera handy at that moment.
Yesterday he received his 6 month shots. Whoops. Just two months late. He was a champ though. It was not nearly as traumatic as it has been in the past. After his afternoon nap he was crying (the I don't feel good kind of cry) and shivering. That's the first time he's shown any adverse effects from the vaccinations. He seems to feel a bit better today. He weighs in at almost 17 lbs. A little underweight for his height, but nothing too concerning. I wish I was a little underweight. Just a little.
He still isn't drinking much formula. He just really doesn't like it. So I am trying to figure out how to make sure he's getting not only enough water, but proper nutrients and proper calorie and fat intake. His Dr didn't seem to be too concerned. Out of all the things he could have found concerning, it was the fact that I give him coconut oil instead of canola oil. I was a bit perplexed by that. But just told him I whole heatedly disagreed with him and that's that. He will still drink formula at 10 pm and 6am. But during the day I'm lucky if he drinks 3 oz. Oh well, I hate formula and feel I can figure out how to get him what he needs with much better foods anyway. I hope.
He still isn't drinking much formula. He just really doesn't like it. So I am trying to figure out how to make sure he's getting not only enough water, but proper nutrients and proper calorie and fat intake. His Dr didn't seem to be too concerned. Out of all the things he could have found concerning, it was the fact that I give him coconut oil instead of canola oil. I was a bit perplexed by that. But just told him I whole heatedly disagreed with him and that's that. He will still drink formula at 10 pm and 6am. But during the day I'm lucky if he drinks 3 oz. Oh well, I hate formula and feel I can figure out how to get him what he needs with much better foods anyway. I hope.
