Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Stuff

 A hodgepodge of pictures, A picture journal, if you will. Oh because I finally have a good decent camera phone.

V got his first haircut. 4/9/2013. Brandi, Josh's cousin does amazing work. He is too cute for words.
 We went to the zoo. Vincent wasn't quite sure what he was supposed to be seeing. But he loved to watch all the people and play with the fences in front of him. Isn't that what you are supposed to do at the zoo? He did actually focus in on the giraffes and giggled at them. Otherwise it was just a big world with lots of people and fences to play with. Oh and do you remember the lion water fountain as fondly as I do?
We also took a trip to Blackfoot to see our good friend Sylinda Lee who moved home recently. We had a blast playing with her cute nephew Treyson. We left a little early because Vincent was feeling so sick. I wish I would have got pictures of Sylinda and her sweet parents. It could not have been a more welcoming home. I want to move in with "Grandma and Grandpa" Lee too. How about it Syl?
 And here is the poor fella trying to get comfy while watching TV. He's been sick for a couple weeks now and I am starting to worry just a tad. Might be time to visit the Dr. to see if he has some sort of infection. I mean he's been sick before, but this has been ridiculous. I am so tired of snot. Really really tired. I just keep thinking this can only strengthen that little immune system of his. It's a good thing.

 Here, we are playing, "put it in a bowl." A game I made up for lack of toys that have the same concept. Vincents toy box is full of papers, and combs, and old wrappers and even diapers.( unused, although we had incident the other day. A messy messy incident) These are his favorite toys, so why'm I gonna buy him expensive toys when he'd rather play with an old wipes dispenser? I think he's a smart boy. He understood the concept and would throw a toy in the bowl, but in the end, just wanted to play with the bowl.
And of course, he is really up to no good lately. Getting into everything. He is still not crawling in a traditional sense. He'll get on his hands and knees and rock, but in the end reverts back to his army crawl. And he can seriously get around that way, and quick. He has started climbing stairs a little though. And can pull himself up onto things no higher than 6 inches. With a little help of getting him on his knees and balancing he can pull himself up onto higher things like the couch. But still isn't quite comfortable balancing on his knees yet. Come to think of it, why am I trying to help him with that at all? I really don't want him up a level higher because then I have to baby proof all over again.


These last couple of months have been a joy. Minus the sick part. He is learning and growing faster than I can blink. I get down on myself a lot for not recording every little thing I notice him learning or doing. But I think I'll be grateful all the same for what I am able to record. And I hope he'll be grateful for it too. I love this little man. And doesn't he really look like a miniature 2 year old? I can't even call him a baby anymore, because I just don't think he looks like one. I both love and hate that.