Monday, February 18, 2013

First 9 weeks...loosley


week 1- didn't notice much of a change. Slept, ate, slept ate, slept ate. Opened eyes occasionally and stared. woke up every 1-2 hours to eat.

week 2- a few more wakeful hours. Josh goes back to work and I cried. started getting a little fussy when awake. Luckily not awake much still at this point. Seems like he wants to eat ALL the time. bottomless pit. I worry he's eating too much.

week 3- two week dr visit. went from 5 lbs 5 oz to 7 lbs 2 oz. He's a healthy eater! Dr pleased with the weight gain and eased my worry by letting me know he can eat as much as he wants right now. they squeezed blood out of his little foot and it about killed me. hated that. glad janine was with me on that visit. i'd have had a hard hard time dealing with that trip. also suzanne in town and got some great help from the two of them.

week 4 i dont recall anything inparticular about this week. All I know is he was still sleeping awfully and eating all the time. I was still struggling with quite a great deal with recovery and adjusting to this motherhood thing.

week 5- at the end of this week we went to the cabin. It marks a great turning point. He slept better up there and i think almost reached a three hour block. i was elated. this is also the first time i really saw him content with kicking and having fun on the floor. I think he really liked his little companion Archer who was also running races on the floor.

weeks 6- settling into motherhood much much better. enjoying vincent so much more. he's sleeping a little better and making eye contact with me and focusing in a little better.

First time I saw him studying his arm 9-12-12
Raspberries 9-12-12
cooing about 8 weeks old but really started talking a lot at 9 weeks


That up there is the what has kept me from posting. I didn't want to edit it, or add to it. Then I realized I can just post it the way it is. I have a journal going from things I thought to write down since that I will post at a later time. Also, if someone were to buy me say, an Iphone or some sort of droid with a decent camera, I would post a lot more. I swear. I hate lugging out Josh's fancy camera. Just sayin.